• Welcome

    Contact Ryan to begin searching for your dream home today!

    Whether you are buying or selling, Ryan is dedicated to providing a smooth real estate experience.

  • Ryan Halset, ABR reviews
  • Blog Stats

    • 33,166 hits
  • Advertisements

What is a PUD (Planned Unit Development)? And how is it different from other townhomes or houses? Seattle, Bellevue, and King County Real Estate

I received this question the other day after sending a client a listing in a Planned Unit Development.

A PUD (Planned Unit Development) can be a community of townhomes or detached homes. There is always an HOA (homeowners association) and a fee assessed to cover certain expenses (HOA dues). All residents are members of the HOA. The HOA fee is used to cover general maintenance in the common areas, roads, or commonly owned buildings or structures (think clubhouses, playgrounds, pools, tennis courts, etc.).

Now, here’s the difference when you go to escrow (and I’ve found that many folks are actually surprised by this), with a townhome in a planned unit development, you get to own the land your townhome sits on. It’s all yours. With a condominium townhome (which are the majority of townhomes in our area), all land is commonly owned and maintained. Some folks like the idea of a PUD better because it gives them a bit more control over their land.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: